Skill Share: How to Write an Essay
Modern students can get an essay writing task quite frequently. There is no need to be afraid of that challenge. The point is not only to reveal the topic but to do it properly, in an interesting way, trying to interest the reader from very first text lines. Skill share is provided by authors of the cheap essay writing service.
The Essay Definition
Before you start completing the essay writing task, you need to understand what the essay is and what differences it has comparing to other creative writing papers. Let’s start with the general definition.
An essay is the genre of literature prose characterized with small word count and free composition. In writings of this type, the author has to express personal impression or opinion on the certain topic. The origin of the word comes back to the French phrase “essai”, which means “attempt”, “outline”, or “draft”.
Academic definitions can be more helpful if you need to understand essays deeper.
Essay Writing: How to Do That
The first point to start with is to define the type of your essay.
Considering the form, style and content of texts, literature experts distinguish various essay types:
- Fictional, historical, religious.
- Reviews, diaries, letters, stories, notes.
- Narrative, descriptive, analytical, critical.
- Objective and subjective.
The genre has quite uncertain limits and borders, so the author is free to use any style to share impressions and thoughts about certain events, things, global tendencies or large-scale processes.
Essay Genre Features
These specific features separate essays from other kinds of written papers:
- A relevant and urgent topic. Questions touched in the text are relevant at this very moment.
- Biased thoughts. The author’s personality should be expressed in the essay through their attitude towards the problem and individualized evaluations.
- From partials to generals. The quote possibly serving as the epigraph often is the starting point of an essay. The author begins telling about the single accident and gradually moves to general philosophical or analytical judgments on the problem stated at the very beginning. As there are no defined standards, the reversed composition is also possible: moving from big scale conclusions to partial accidents confirming them with a story, a proverb, a wise quote or an undisputed fact.
- Low word count. There are no strict limits, but essays usually take from two to nine or ten pages of a printed text.
- An essay analyzes only a single problem or question, there is no place for multiple ideas and topics.
- Free composition. This type of text does not rely on formal limits, rules or frames. The story is often build non-logically, follows random associations. The author has to come up with all sense connections themselves.
- Paradox possibilities. One of essay tasks is to amaze and impress the reader. Any bright phrase or polemical definition can become the starting point for further thoughts and a story.
- Light narrative. There should not be complicated definitions and overcomplicated constructions in the essay text. The writer should try to gain the reader’s sympathy and trust, to involve them with simple sentences and capacious phrases.
- Providing a dialogue does not suppose essay writers to shape their texts as theatrical plays. Rhetorical questions are frequently used to create an effect of the polemic conversation between the author and readers.
- Unity of sense. Despite the freedom of composition, main points and arguments used in the essay have to be consequent and not arguing statements that show the writer’s position. Despite the free narrative form, the essay language should be perceived seriously. It is better to avoid using slang, shortages and too simple words.
Rules of Essay Writing
The main demand for the author who wants to write a good essay is solid topic knowledge. The writer has to express personal viewpoint, to think over certain questions, to make conclusions. To structure the paper logically, the author should think over the essay plan first. As a rule, a plan consists of separate short theses on the topic, which are to be supported by evidences and arguments as the topic is being revealed.
The only formal demand to keep when writing an essay is to create the title. While diving into creativity, one should not forget that the author’s point is to persuade the audience, to prove the stated viewpoint is right. So, arguments need to be solid, reasonable and spectacular.
As it was already mentioned, essays do not have defined structures, but their schemes usually include:
- This part sets an emotional mood of the text, leads the reader to the reviewed question, interests them and makes them read the whole text.
- Main body. Here is the place for stating theses and finding evidences to prove the author’s viewpoint.
- Summarizing what was told in the main body, the author makes the general conclusion. The goal of an introduction is to interest the reader, while the final concluding paragraph has to make the picture completed, to make the reader think or to prove the author’s ideas are definitely reasonable.
The main point of the whole essay is the author’s opinion on the topic which is visible clearly. The sense of each essay is totally defined by its type. If the subject touches history, then the author’s understanding of war, revolution consequences or certain events may become the basis of the essay. The philosophy essay can be based on the comparison between several conceptual schools. The literature essay may criticize the famous work of art from the unusual, original viewpoint, etc.
The difference between philosophic tractates and essay writing is in their basics. In the tractate, the point is to look for the objective, unbiased truth using logical cognition instruments. In essays, the author’s personal opinion not pretending to be an absolute dogma is the main thing.
To get a high grade for an essay, you should pay attention not only to grammar and punctuation, but try using enough introductory constructions, stable phrases and proverbs in order to reveal the topic originally and to demonstrate your deep knowledge on the subject.