Most people play online slots to win. In fact, we’d bet a lot of money on the fact that you’ve never heard anyone say it does not matter if they win or lose. Everyone wants to make more money than they started with. Otherwise, what is the point of even playing? However, diving in headfirst without even thinking about how you can increase your chances at winning will almost always end in disaster.
Many online slot players seek a one size fits all strategy to help them win. Unfortunately, no such strategy exists. Slots are games of chance; nothing you do can determine the outcome. However, there is a collection of things you could do to improve your odds of winning. Keep reading to find out what they are or visit this page.
Know the Basics
The first step that you could take towards increasing your odds of winning at slots is to understand how slots work. You must understand their rules and how they function to prevent devastating losses.
Besides understanding the basic functioning of slots, you also need to be familiar with the terminology of the online slot world. If you do not know the terminology it will be difficult for you to make sense of anything you read. Find below some of the most basic concepts and their explanations.
- Paylines: Paylines award prizes based on the symbol combination that appears on it.
- RTP: A slot’s RTP percentage expresses your odds of winning at that slot. Slots with an RTP of 97% or higher provide you with the best odds.
- Playing grid: This refers to the area on the screen where all the symbols appear. The playing grid also differs from slot to slot. While most modern online slots use a 3×5 grid, traditional slots use a 3×3 grid.
- Wilds: Wilds are special feature symbols that can replace most symbols (excluding the scatter) in a winning combination. This helps you create more winning combinations.
- Scatters: Scatters are also known as bonus symbols because they award players with free spins rounds or activate bonus games.
Choose the Right Slot
Once you know the basics of online slots, you can use this to help you choose the best slot machine. Here the best slot machine refers to a slot where your odds of winning are higher. The first thing you will look at before playing at any slot is its RTP.As mentioned above, the RTP is how much money you can expect to get back from all your wagers. Any slot with an RTP of 97% or above is worth giving a try.
Another important factor to consider is the volatility of a slot. A slot with low volatility pays out many small wins regularly, while a slot with high volatility will give much bigger wins less frequently. To maximise winnings, it would thus be best to choose a slot that has a high RTP combined with low volatility.
While this article did not provide you with one strategy to win at slots, these two factors can improve your odds of winning drastically. Try them and see how they work in your favour.